Court/Legal advocacy provides
assistance and accompaniment through the legal and criminal process and procedures.
This includes the assistance in completing an Order of Protection and the court process.
Personal Advocacy provides assistance and accompaniment through educational, employment, medical, CPS, DSS and other personal issues or concerns.
Sexual Assault Advocacy provides assistance and accompaniment to hospitals, during rape exams and advocacy and assistance during the criminal process.
Individual Counseling & Therapy
Individuals meet with a licensed professional to discuss immediate and ongoing issues, to develop problem solving and coping skills.
· Our emergency shelter is a 15 bed home that is open 24 hours a day 7 days per week
· The shelter provides housing and transitional services to women and children who require a safe and secure environment while they go through the process of relocating to a safe location.
· Residents of the shelter generally stay 90 days during which time they receive personal advocacy such as assistance and accompaniment through educational, employment, medical, DSS , housing and other personal issues or concerns that may arise.
Life Skills & other Resources
· Information & Referral
· Resources on Women’s Issues
· Individual and Group Short-term Counseling
· Legal Consultation - Workshops
· Education and Career Counseling
· Women in Transition (separation & divorce)